- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe Video
|Vanilla soy milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Apple cider vinegar||1 Teaspoon (Braggs Organic, Raw)|
|Flaxseed meal||2 Tablespoon|
|Granulated sugar||8 Tablespoon (about 1/2 cup)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Peanut butter||8 Tablespoon (organic, all natural, about 1/2 cup)|
|Apple sauce||8 Tablespoon, unsweetened (about 1/2 cup, organic)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Soy milk||4 Tablespoon (For the Frosting)|
|Cocoa powder||4 Tablespoon (For the Frosting)|
|Smooth peanut butter||8 Tablespoon (For the Frosting)|
|Caster sugar/Powdered sugar||6 Tablespoon (For the Frosting)|
Calories 280 Calories from Fat 104
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g19%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g12.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 429.1 mg17.9%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g12.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.5%
Sugars 22.2 g
Protein 8 g16.9%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0.28%
Calcium 6.5% Iron 11.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Combine the soy milk and the apple cider vinegar in a large size bowl. Let stand for 5 minutes.
2. Combine flaxseed meal and water in a small bowl; let sit for 15 minutes or until it becomes a jelly.
3. Grease a 12 tin cupcake pan with oil.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
5. To the soy milk-vinegar mixture, add the flax seed jelly, the sugars, peanut butter, apple sauce, and vanilla extract. Beat well using a hand mixer or stander mixer.
6. Combine the dry ingredients; flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Add this to the peanut butter mixture. And mix lightly and quickly. Set aside and make the filling.
7. To make the filling, in a bowl, combine the peanut butter, cocoa, sugar, and soy milk. Beat until smooth and creamy.
8. To assemble, in the cupcake pan, spoon equal amounts of the cupcake batter into each of the 12 cups.
9. Spoon a big dollop of the decadent peanut butter chocolate frosting on top of each. Swirl it around so that it covers the top.
10. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
11. Remove from the oven and cool slightly before serving.
12. Enjoy these cupcakes warm.