- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mustard Sauce Recipe
|Dry mustard||4 Teaspoon|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Low Sodium Low Fat)|
|Butter margarine||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 479 Calories from Fat 230
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.8%
Saturated Fat 9.2 g46.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 447.5 mg
Sodium 193.4 mg8.1%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.27 g1.1%
Sugars 18.8 g
Protein 18 g35.1%
Vitamin A 22.8% Vitamin C 0.25%
Calcium 19.8% Iron 13.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Add the dry mustard with the vinegar and stir until the mustard is well dissolved.
2) Add the mustard-vinegar mixture with the eggs and milk in a saucepan.
3) Slowly bring it to a boil, stirring constantly with a wire whisk.
4) When the mixture is boiling, continue stirring for 30 seconds.
5) Remove from the heat and set the butter or margarine on top of the sauce.
6) Do not stir.
7) Allow it to cool to room temperature.
8) Add the fructose, and with a wire whisk, mix the sauce thoroughly.
9) Store in the refrigerator and use as desired.