- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mustard Rabbit Recipe
|Rabbit/6 rabbit parts||5 Pound|
|Dijon mustard||4 Tablespoon|
|Seasoned flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Heavy cream||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Chopped chervil/Parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Bread croutons||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4799 Calories from Fat 2327
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 262 g403.3%
Saturated Fat 131.2 g656.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2420.2 mg
Sodium 2196.5 mg91.5%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g22.9%
Dietary Fiber 8.2 g32.9%
Sugars 6.3 g
Protein 519 g1037.1%
Vitamin A 135.8% Vitamin C 35%
Calcium 75.2% Iron 444.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut rabbit into 6 or 8 pieces and put them in a large bowl.
2) Stir salt in cold water and soak rabbit for 1-2 hours.
3) Drain and pat dry thoroughly.
4) Coat with mustard, cover with cheesecloth and refrigerate overnight.
5) Remove rind and coarsely chop salt pork.
6) Skin and finely chop onion.
7) Peel and finely chop garlic.
8) Preheat oven to 325°F
9) Take out the rabbit and dust lightly with seasoned flour. Shake off surplus.
10) In flameproof casserole melt butter, lightly brown the pieces on both sides. Take out and keep aside.
11) In a pan heat butter, sauté salt pork for 2-3 minutes. Add onion and garlic and cook over low heat till onion is soft.
12) Place rabbit in the casserole, cover tightly with a lid or foil. Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes.
13) Turn off heat and stir in cream.
14) Place the lid and cook covered on low heat on top of the stove.
15) Cover again and cook over low heat on top of the stove.
16) Alternately bake in oven for about 45 minutes till rabbit is tender. Stir in between.
17) Serve rabbit from the casserole. Sprinkle fresh herbs and garnish with bread croutons.
18) Serve with the rabbit buttered noodles or boiled potatoes.