- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mustard Glazed Pork Recipe
|Smoked boneless pork butt||2 Pound|
|Mcintosh apples||2 Large, halved, cored and cut into wedges|
|Zucchini||1 1⁄4 Pound, cut into 1-inch-thick slices (Use 4 Medium-Size Zucchini, 1 1/4 Pound In Total)|
|Onions||4 Medium, quartered|
|Currant jelly||1 Tablespoon|
|Dijon-style mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Caraway seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 432 Calories from Fat 147
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.5%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g27.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 80 mg
Sodium 1314.7 mg54.8%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.8%
Dietary Fiber 7.5 g29.9%
Sugars 28.6 g
Protein 30 g60.4%
Vitamin A 5.4% Vitamin C 49.1%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 3.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Place the pork on a rack in a roasting pan. Pour water into the pan to a depth of 1/4 inch. Cover the pan tightly with a lid or alurninum foil.
3. Bake the pork in the preheated moderate oven (350°) for 1 hour.
4. Drain all but 1/4 inch liquid from the pan. Add the apples, zucchini and onion. Cover the pan and cook for 20 minutes.
5. To prepare the glaze, stir together the currant jelly and mustard in a small cup.
6. Uncover the roasting pan. Brush the pork, apples and vegetables with the glaze. Sprinkle the pork with the pepper and caraway seeds.
7. Bake the pork, uncovered, for another 10 minutes.
8. To serve, cut the pork into thin slices and arrange on a serving platter with the vegetables and apples.