- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mustard Baked Flounder Recipe
|Light olive oil/Canola oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Finely chopped shallots||3 Tablespoon|
|Flounder fillets/Grey/lemon sole/fluke||1 3⁄4 Pound (4 Pieces)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Breadcrumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Preferably Italian)|
Calories 375 Calories from Fat 190
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.6%
Saturated Fat 8.1 g40.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 120.1 mg
Sodium 722.1 mg30.1%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.61 g2.4%
Sugars 5.9 g
Protein 26 g52.2%
Vitamin A 7.8% Vitamin C 14.6%
Calcium 6.1% Iron 3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
2. pre-heat the broiler.
3. Place the oven rack in the highest position in the oven.
4. Keep 3 tablespoons of the wine for future use.
5. In a small cup, mix the remaining wine with the mustard and keep aside.
6. In a baking dish which is big enough to hold the fish steaks in one flat layer, put the olive oil.
7. Swirl the oil around the dish to coat the bottom evenly.
8. Sprinkle with a little salt, pepper and the shallots.
9. Place the fish steaks on this layer.
10. Sprinkle 3 tablespoons of the wine on them.
11. Brush the filets with the wine and mustard mixture.
12. Spread the breadcrumbs evenly over the filets.
13. Dot the entire surface with butter.
14. In the pre-heated oven, bake the dish for 5 minutes.
15. Take the dish out of the oven and place it in a broiler.
16. Turn the broiler to "high," and broil the fish under it just until for about 40 seconds to 1 minute, ill the filets are lightly browned.,
17. Sprinkle the dish with chopped parsley.
18. Serve hot with lemon wedges.
You can prepare the steaks ahead till the point of coating with the breadcrumbs and refrigerate them.
Bring the steaks to room temperature before cooking.