- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mustang Chef's Chimichanga Recipe Video
|Sausage||4 Medium, slit lengthwise|
|Onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Green bell pepper||1 Large, sliced thin|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Smoked spanish paprika||1 Teaspoon|
|Refried bean||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Spiced rum||1 Dash|
|Tomato||1 Large, crushed (for the hot sauce)|
|Dried mushroom||2 Tablespoon, crushed (for the hot sauce)|
|Hot sauce||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 846 Calories from Fat 553
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 62 g95%
Saturated Fat 16.4 g82.1%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 58.9 mg
Sodium 1146.7 mg47.8%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.2%
Dietary Fiber 9.6 g38.5%
Sugars 6.9 g
Protein 24 g47.1%
Vitamin A 14.2% Vitamin C 56.3%
Calcium 25.6% Iron 37.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat up a stove top grill pan.
2. Add olive oil and drop the sliced onion and green pepper in it. Saute it.
3. Spoon in the cumin seeds and let the vegetables cook through.
4. Slit the sausages length wise and add to the vegetable and onion mixture.Give it all a stir.
5. Add the cheese and the spiced rum and torch it to met the cheese through.
6. In the meanwhile, mix together crushed tomato, dried mushroom and hot sauce to make your own hot sauce.
7. Drizzle a little of that on the vegetable and onion mixture.
8. Take a tortilla and slather in a little of the refried beans.
9. Place a couple of tablespoons of the sausage vegetable mix on it.
10.Wrap it up.
11.Heat oil in a pan and place the tortilla and shallow fry it flipping it over on all sides from time to time.
12. Cut it in half and serve with the hot sauce.