- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mussels With Pancetta And White Wine Recipe Video
|Mussels||1 Pound, scrubbed|
|Medium diced onion||1|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm), thinly sliced|
|Hot pepper||1 Small, chopped finely|
|Pancetta slices||4 Small, dice|
|White wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Seafood stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 348 Calories from Fat 184
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32%
Saturated Fat 7.3 g36.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 57.6 mg
Sodium 632.3 mg26.3%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g3.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.99 g3.9%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 18 g35.3%
Vitamin A 12.9% Vitamin C 29.6%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 28.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saute pan,render the pancetta and add chopped onion, garlic along with olive oil. Saute until translucent.
2) Combine with hot pepper and stir with the onions and garlic.
3) Now add the mussels season with salt and pepper, then add the thyme sprigs.
4) Add the seafood stock, white wine and the mussels. Stir to coat all the mussels with the liquid.
5) Place a lid on the saute pan, and cook the mussels for about 8 to 10 minutes.
6) Cook until the mussels open, stirring in between. When the mussels open remove with a slotted spoon to a serving dish.
7) Let the broth reduce slightly and swirl in the butter. Correct the seasoning and pour the broth over the mussels.
8) Serve with a garnish of chopped Italian parsley.