- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mussels Cooked Like Snails Recipe
|Shallots||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Dry white wine||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), finely chopped|
|Parsley||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), finely chopped|
|Chives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
Calories 486 Calories from Fat 303
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.9%
Saturated Fat 20.1 g100.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 126.1 mg
Sodium 536 mg22.3%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.49 g2%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 20 g40.1%
Vitamin A 40.9% Vitamin C 44.4%
Calcium 8.1% Iron 40.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Select the fine fat mussels to scrape beard and clean with water.
2) In a saucepan, place the mussels with shallots, thyme, parsley and bay leaf.
3) Lightly season with salt and moisten with wine.
4) Preheat oven to 400°F.
5) Place the saucepan over heat to steam the mussels for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the shells are well opened.
6) Remove one-half shell from each.
7) In a bowl, prepare the beurre d'escargots by mashing butter, garlic, parsley and chives, all together.
8) Add more parsley, in absence of chives.
9) Place the butter inside refrigerator to chill, before using.
10) Use it to spread on mussels copiously.
11) Return the mussels in their half-shells.
12) Use 4 individual ovenproof dishes to arrange the mussels.
13) Place inside oven to bake for 2 to 3 minutes.
14) Serve the mussels at once.