- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mussels "A How-To Guide" Recipe Video
|For mussels with cider & rosemary|
|Mussels||1 Kilogram, prepared and checked live|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Fresh rosemary sprigs||3|
|Half fat creme fraiche||3 Tablespoon|
|For mussels en papilotte|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon (Splash Of)|
|Mussels||1 Kilogram (Prepared And Checked Live)|
|Shallot||1 , finely chopped|
|Chopped garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Rosemary||3 (Use Fresh)|
|Dry cider||150 Milliliter|
|Creme fraiche||3 Tablespoon (Half Fat)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste (Use Fresh)|
|Prepared mussels||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped red chili||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 416 Calories from Fat 142
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.4%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 115.3 mg
Sodium 1212.1 mg50.5%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.5 g2%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 45 g90.4%
Vitamin A 17.1% Vitamin C 59.2%
Calcium 11.2% Iron 84.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Add cider and bring it to boil. Add rosemary and pepper. Boil until the liquid is reduced a little bit.
3. Add the prepared mussels. Replace the lid and cook on high heat for 3-4 minutes until the mussels are opened up.
4. Remove the lid from the pan and look for any mussels that are tightly closed. Discard them as they are not safe for eating.
5. With a slotted spoon take out the mussels from the pan and place in a bowl.
6. You can see a lot of liquid in the pan. Bring that to boil and add your cream fraiche, whisk them and taste it for seasoning.
7. Add this to the mussels and serve.
MUSSELS EN PAPILOTTE
1. Fold a papilotte paper and cut in a circular shape from the open edge.
2. Keep a handful of mussels inside the paper.
3. Add chopped ginger, chopped chili, splash of soy sauce and sesame oil, and a squeeze of lemon wedge.
4. Press and fold the sides of the paper in continuous movements to seal the mussels.
5. Place it in a very hot oven for just a few minutes. You can actually see the mussels opened up through the paper.
6. Tear open the paper and serve with bread.
For more information please visit: http://shellfish.org.uk/