- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mussel, Potato And Asparagus Salad Recipe
|New red potatoes||2 Pound, scrubbed|
|Coarse salt/Kosher salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Shallots||3 Large, peeled and finely chopped|
|Parsley||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), finely chopped|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dijon style mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Capers||3 Tablespoon, drained (Small)|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Mussels||3 Pound, steamed, shelled (About 1 Pound Mussel Flesh)|
|Thin asparagus spears||3⁄4 Pound, steamed until crisp-tender, and cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped (For Garnish)|
Calories 916 Calories from Fat 459
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g79%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g27%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 134.5 mg
Sodium 1755.2 mg73.1%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.6%
Sugars 2.5 g
Protein 47 g94.9%
Vitamin A 48.6% Vitamin C 157%
Calcium 21.7% Iron 96.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large saucepot, add the potatoes in the boiling salted water, then simmer on a low heat for 12 to 14 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
2) Then drain and allow the potatoes to cool.
3) In a medium bowl, mix parsley, shallots, vinegar, mayonnaise and mustard together.
4) Fold in the capers and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
5) In a large bowl, cube and place the potatoes.
6) Then add 3/4 shallot dressing and toss well to coat the potatoes.
7) When ready to serve, add the mussels, asparagus and rest of the shallot dressing in the potato mixture, toss well.
8) Sprinkle with the parsley and serve immediately.