- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Moo Shu Chicken Burrito Recipe
|Peanut oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 Large, beaten|
|Eggs||2 Large, lightly beaten|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Teaspoon (Dark Or Light, Packed)|
|Light brown sugar||2 Teaspoon|
|Red bell pepper||1 Medium, stemmed, seeds and ribs removed|
|Leek||1 Medium, roots trimmed, rinsed well|
|Ginger piece||2 Inch, peeled|
|White mushrooms||4 Ounce, trimmed|
|White mushrooms||4 Ounce, stems trimmed, caps wiped clean with a damp paper towel|
|Bamboo shoots||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced|
|Mung bean sprouts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mung bean sprouts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), rinsed|
|Chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded|
|Chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded, cooked|
|Cilantro leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped fresh|
|Cilantro leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Hoisin sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|8 inch flour tortillas||8 Large (At Room Temperature)|
|Saus kacang||8 Teaspoon|
Calories 320 Calories from Fat 122
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g20.9%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 76.8 mg
Sodium 1039.8 mg43.3%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.9%
Sugars 7.8 g
Protein 14 g27.4%
Vitamin A 20.1% Vitamin C 40.7%
Calcium 3.3% Iron 8.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Slice the pepper and leek into 3-inch-long matchsticks. Slice the ginger and bamboo shoots into matchsticks and the mushrooms thinly. Pile up all the ingredients separately.
2) In a medium non- stick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon peanut oil on a medium-high heat, pour in the eggs and cook until just set.
3) Lift the omelet around the edges and allow eggs to go beneath. Then remove the omelet on a plate, halve and slice into thin strips.
4) In a small bow, mix the water, soy sauce and brown sugar together, keep aside.
5) In a wok, saute the pepper, leek, and ginger in 2 tablespoons peanut oil over a medium-high heat. Stir often and cook for 5 minutes.
6) Stir in the mushrooms and cook 2 for another minutes. Then stir in the bamboo shoots, bean sprouts, omelet strips, and chicken.
7) Pour in the soy sauce mixture and cook over a medium-high heat, tossing constantly for 8 to 10 minutes, until the liquid is almost evaporated.
8) Turn off the heat and toss in the fresh chopped cilantro.
9) Spread 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce on each tortilla and spoon 1/4 cup of the filling about 1 inch from the edge of each tortilla.
10) Spoon about 1 teaspoon saus kacang on each and roll up the tortillas.
11) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.