- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mushrooms Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe
|Mushrooms||4 Ounce, finely chopped|
|Onion||1 Small, peeled, finely chopped|
|Dried mixed herbs||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh white breadcrumbs||2 Ounce|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 163 Calories from Fat 62
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.8%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g19.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15.2 mg
Sodium 222.2 mg9.3%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.3%
Sugars 9.7 g
Protein 5 g9.7%
Vitamin A 49.1% Vitamin C 62.7%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 8.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F
2) Cut tomatoes about 1/2 inch from the top, and reserve them.
3) Spoon out the flesh form tomatoes and reserve flesh and discard the seeds.
4) In a pan, melt the butter and saute the mushrooms and onion and for 3 minutes.
5) Take the pan off the heat and stir in the tomato flesh, onion, herbs, breadcrumbs and seasoning.
6) Stuff the mushroom mixture equally among the tomatoes and cover with tops.
7) Place the tomatoes in a baking dish and bake in oven for 20 minutes until heated through.
8) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Allow the tomatoes to cool and cover with foil.
9) Seal, label and freeze the container.
10) Serve hot over the bed of small mixed salad if desired.
11) If using the frozen pepper mixture, thaw at room temperature for 1 hour.
12) Reheat, uncovered in a preheated oven at moderately hot oven for 10 minutes or until heated through.
13) Serve as mentioned in step 10.