- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mushrooms In Watercress Sauce Recipe
|Button mushrooms||4 Ounce, halved (125 Gram)|
|Watercress||2 1⁄2 Ounce, chopped roughly (65 Gram)|
|Green onions||2 , chopped|
|Boiling water||5 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated nutmeg||To Taste|
|Watercress sprig||3 (For Garnish)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 267 Calories from Fat 195
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.8%
Saturated Fat 11.5 g57.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 405.4 mg
Sodium 466.5 mg19.4%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.5%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 12 g23.3%
Vitamin A 85.1% Vitamin C 81.2%
Calcium 19.1% Iron 11.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Beat the egg yolks and milk together.
3. Spoon the watercress mixture into a blender or food processor, add the beaten egg yolks and work until smooth.
4. Return the watercress sauce to a very low heat and stir constantly until it begins to thicken; do not allow it to boil or the sauce will curdle. Season well with nutmeg, salt and pepper, and lemon juice. Keep warm.
5. Melt the butter in a pan, add the mushrooms and fry gently for about 5 minutes.
6. Serve the mushrooms with the sauce poured over, either on toast, or with crusty whole wheat bread. Garnish with watercress sprigs.