- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mushrooms In Batter Recipe
|Mushrooms||3⁄4 Pound (large open)|
|Milk/Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for frying)|
Calories 1360 Calories from Fat 1077
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 122 g187.5%
Saturated Fat 16.7 g83.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 57.1 mg
Sodium 549.1 mg22.9%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g18.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.8%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 14 g28.3%
Vitamin A 3.6% Vitamin C 4.9%
Calcium 7% Iron 21.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Trim the mushrooms.
2) Toss them in 2 tbsp of the flour.
3) Ina bowl, sift the remaining flour and salt and make a well in the center.
4) Add the egg and oil and with a wooden spoon mix everything, drawing the flour into the liquid.
5) Slowly, add the milk or water to make a thick smooth batter.
6) Add more liquid if necessary.
7) In a bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry and fold gently into the batter.
8) In a deep-fryer, heat oil to 340°.
9) On a laong skewer, spear a mushroom dip into the batter.
10) Using a second skewer, carefully push the mushroom off the first skewer into the oil.
11) Fry the mushrooms, a few at a time, for 3-4 minutes till crisp and golden.
12) With a slotted spoon, remove from the pan and drain on paper towels.
13) On a warmed serving plate, pile the mushrooms and garnish with sprigs of parsley.
14) Serve warm as snacks