- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mushrooms and Cheese In Pasta Shells Recipe
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Jumbo pasta shells||8 Ounce|
|Pasta shells||8 Ounce|
|Garlic||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Mushrooms||1 Pound, chopped|
|Green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|For the sauce|
|Soft butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Marsala/Any sweet red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|35% whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Frozen green peas||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Wild mushrooms||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced|
Calories 815 Calories from Fat 483
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g83.8%
Saturated Fat 26.6 g133.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 98 mg
Sodium 513.5 mg21.4%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.7%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 23 g45%
Vitamin A 26% Vitamin C 23.7%
Calcium 33.7% Iron 13.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven.
2) Cook the pasta shells till tender for about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
3) In a skillet, heat oil and saute garlic and mushroms till soft. Add in green onions and cook for 2 minutes. Allow to cool.
4) In a blender, add the above mixture along with parmesan cheese and blend to a fine puree.
5) Stuff the pasta shells with the puree and lay in the baking dish.
6) In a saucepan, bring to boil the shallots and Marsala Wine. Turn down the flame cooking for 2 minutes. Mix in cream and cook for 2 minutes.
7) Add in the butter and cook for a couple of minutes before adding in tomatoes, peas and mushrooms.
8) Season the sauce with salt and pepper and pour it evenly the pasta.
9) Wrap an aluminium foil tightly around the dish and bake for about 30 minutes.
10) Serve the Mushrooms and Cheese In Pasta Shells hot.