- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mushroom Beef Recipe Video
|Beef||1⁄2 Pound, thinly sliced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), mince|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 Medium, dice (Optional)|
|White mushrooms||5 Medium, slice|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Beef stock||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For the marinade|
|Hoisin sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Oyster sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry sherry||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 425 Calories from Fat 226
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.7%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g31.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 56.2 mg18.7%
Sodium 1261.3 mg52.6%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.1%
Sugars 17.4 g
Protein 22 g43.7%
Vitamin A 23% Vitamin C 72.8%
Calcium 3.7% Iron 13.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedWok
1. Thinly slice the beef and set aside.
2. Slice the mushrooms and set aside.
3. In a bowl marinate the beef with hoisin sauce, oyster sauce, soy sauce, dry sherry, sugar and cornstarch, mix everything well and let the beef marinade for 15- 20 minutes.
4. Mince the garlic, dice the red bell pepper and slice the mushrooms, set aside.
5. In the wok pour the oil and over medium high heat sauté the garlic for few minutes and add the vegetables and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
6. Add the beef and stir fry for 4-5 minutes and add the beef stock and cook until the beef is cooked and the sauce has thickened.
7. Serve the mushroom beef along with steamed rice or noodles.