- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mushroom and Prosciutto in Wonton Cups Recipe Video
|Wonton wrappers||24 (thin)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Small, diced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Dried rosemary||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh white mushrooms||8 Ounce, coarsely chopped|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Light cream cheese||250 Gram, cubed|
|Lean prosciutto||1 1⁄2 Ounce, cubed|
|Fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Red pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
Calories 176 Calories from Fat 42
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.3%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 12.7 mg
Sodium 543.5 mg22.6%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.3%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 12 g23.1%
Vitamin A 7.2% Vitamin C 17.6%
Calcium 20.9% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Lightly coat mini muffin pans with cooking spray.
2. Separate wonton wrappers and press into mini muffin pans, pleating to form a cup.
3. Preheat the oven at 350°F (180°C).
4. In a 350°F (180°C) oven bake the wonton wrappers for 7-9 minutes or until crisp and golden brown.
5. Remove from pan and cool on rack.
6. Meanwhile in large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat.
7. Add onion and sauté until lightly softened, about 2 minutes.
8. Stir in mushrooms, garlic and rosemary and sauté about 4 minutes or until lightly browned.
9. Reduce heat to medium.
10. Add water and vinegar cook another 1-2 minutes on medium heat.
11. Stir in cheese cubes and heat, stirring constantly until melted and well mixed.
12. Remove from heat and stir in prosciutto until evenly combined.
13. Taste and add pepper.
14. Spoon about 1½ tbsp of mixture into each cup. Garnish with parsley, red peppers and Parmesan cheese and serve warm.
Wonton cups can be baked 1 week in advance. Cool and store in an airtight container.
The filling can also be made ahead, refrigerated or frozen and then reheated over low heat.
Instead of white mushrooms, you can also use Portabella mushrooms.