- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Herb Rubbed Pork Crown with Wild Mushroom and Sausage Stuffing Recipe Video
|For the pork crown|
|Pork||10 Pound (Pork Crown)|
|Garlic||7 Tablespoon, mince|
|Fresh rosemary||7 Tablespoon, mince|
|Grainy dijon mustard||6 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Ounce|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|For the stuffing|
|Yellow onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), dice|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), dice|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), dice|
|Unsalted butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Italian sausage link||3|
|Mushroom||8 Ounce, slice|
|Sourdough||4 Cup (64 tbs), toast (sourdough croutons)|
|Fresh sage||2 Tablespoon, mince|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , whisk|
Calories 1350 Calories from Fat 393
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.8%
Saturated Fat 10.3 g51.5%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 441.3 mg
Sodium 1373.1 mg57.2%
Total Carbohydrates 85 g28.3%
Dietary Fiber 8.3 g33.3%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 148 g296%
Vitamin A 69.1% Vitamin C 17.6%
Calcium 24.2% Iron 74.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. For the Pork: Rub the pork down with a mix of the garlic, rosemary, dijon mustard, olive oil, salt and pepper.
3. Place in the cooler for 20-30 minutes to absorb all the flavors..
4. For the stuffing: In a large pan add butter and sweat the onion, celery and carrots.
5. In another skillet, cook the italian sausage completely through. Once done, set aside.
6. In the italian sausage skillet, add the sliced wild mushrooms and caramelize.
7. Once the mushrooms are brown, add them to the veggies and toss.
8. In a bowl, add the sourdough croutons, italian sausage, veggies mix, sage, chicken stock, salt and pepper. In the end, add the eggs and mix well together.
9. Add the stuffing it to the center portion of the pork crown and form it around the bones.
9. Place pork crown in the oven for 90 to 120 minutes.
10. Plate and serve.