- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mushroom Spinach Salad Recipe
|Fresh spinach||8 Ounce, cleaned, torn in bite-size pieces|
|Parmesan cheese/Romano cheese||2 Ounce|
|Fresh mushrooms||4 Ounce|
|Oil and vinegar dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 184 Calories from Fat 144
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.4%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 9.6 mg
Sodium 372.4 mg15.5%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.2%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 8 g15.1%
Vitamin A 107.5% Vitamin C 27.5%
Calcium 22.5% Iron 10%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a large salad bowl and pile the spinach in it.
2. In a food processor bowl, position disc with shredding side up.
3. Add cheese cubes and shred coarsely. Empty over the spinach leaves.
4. Change position of disc to slicing side up.
5. Slice the mushrooms and add to the salad bowl.
6. Just before serving add the dressing and seasoning and toss using two salad spoons so that spinach is coated with the dressing.
7. Serve the salad immediately or else the spinach will go soggy.
8. Throw in some toasted croutons for that lovely crunch in the salad.