- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mushroom Rice Pilaf Recipe
|Water||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Converted white rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chicken-bouillon cubes||2 , crumbled|
|Mushroom stems||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
Calories 160 Calories from Fat 67
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.7%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g24.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.2 mg6.7%
Sodium 556.5 mg23.2%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.21 g0.85%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 3 g5.1%
Vitamin A 8.9% Vitamin C 5.5%
Calcium 7.2% Iron 6.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat an oven to 187.5 (375F).
2. In a sauce pan, place water for boiling.
3. In an oven proof casserole pot, add butter.
4. Once melted, add rice and mix well.
5. SautÃ© on a medium flame for 10 minutes, while stirring continuously, till the rice turns pale brown in colour.
6. Add chicken cubes, mushrooms, boiling water, salt and pepper and mix well.
7. Cover with lid and place in preheated oven.
8. Bake for 40 minutes or till all the water is absorbed and rice is cooked.
9. Once baked, transfer contents on to a serving platter. Using a fork, separate rice grains so they are evenly spread out.
10. Serve hot, sprinkled with parsley.
When using mushroom stems in the recipe, do not discard mushroom caps. Use it to make stuffed mushrooms or slice thinly and use in fillings, toppings etc.