- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mushroom Rice Pilaf Recipe
|Celery stalks||3 , trimmed|
|Fresh mushrooms||4 Ounce|
|Brown rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vegetable stock/Water||3 Cup (48 tbs), boiling|
|Dried thyme leaf||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground pepper||1 Pinch|
Calories 384 Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.5%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 610.7 mg25.4%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g19.8%
Dietary Fiber 5 g19.9%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 7 g13.4%
Vitamin A 3.2% Vitamin C 6.9%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 13%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In your food processor, use the metal blade to cut onion into 1-inch pieces in the work bowl. Pulse on/off until finely chopped.
2) Transfer the onions in a separate container.
3) In the work bowl, add celery to process into 1-inch lengths. Pulse on/off until finely chopped.
4) In the slicing disc, stack the mushrooms in feed tube along the side.
5) Apply firm pressure to slice the mushrooms.
6) Place a 3-quart dutch oven over medium-high heat.
7) Add 3 tablespoons oil to heat over medium-high heat.
8) Place onion, celery and mushrooms to sautÃ© for 5 minutes or the onion is tender.
9) Add rice to stir in for 2-3 minutes.
10) Gradually pour in boiling stock without stirring.
11) Season with salt and pepper.
12) Place the cover and allow simmering for an hour or until the liquid is absorbed and rice is ready.
13) With a fork fluff the rice.
14) In a serving plate, serve the pilaf warm with your choice of side dish.