- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mushroom Pheasant Recipe
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped celery||2 Tablespoon|
|Sliced mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Concentrated cream of mushroom soup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1 1⁄4 Tablespoon|
|White wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 955 Calories from Fat 440
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75.6%
Saturated Fat 15 g75%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 332.1 mg
Sodium 846.8 mg35.3%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.72 g2.9%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 105 g209.7%
Vitamin A 27.9% Vitamin C 53.8%
Calcium 9.6% Iron 32.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut the pheasant without removing the skin.
2) Transfer this to a dish with skin side down.
3) Flavor with salt, sage, pepper, allspice and oregano.
4) Make a mixture of cream of mushroom soup, onion, parsley, celery and mushrooms.
5) Stir in cornstarch and white wine to this.
6) Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
7) Toss the pheasant over to cook again for 15 minutes.
8) Serve with sour cream.