- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mushroom Duxelles And Pate Platter With Sliced Baguette Recipe
|Crimini mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, coarsely chopped|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Shallot||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Ground thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dry sherry||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baguette||1 , sliced|
|Pate||8 Ounce (At Specialty Foods Case Of Market, Choose Country Or Mousse-Style, Any Flavor-Ask For Tastings)|
|Baguette||1 , sliced at bread counter|
|Cornichons||3 (For Garnish)|
|Chopped fresh flat leaf parsley||2 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 416 Calories from Fat 189
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.6%
Saturated Fat 7.1 g35.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 69.2 mg
Sodium 1115.2 mg46.5%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.7%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 13 g25.6%
Vitamin A 151.9% Vitamin C 14.2%
Calcium 2.2% Iron 25.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat a skillet over moderate heat.
2. Using a food processor finely chop mushrooms and sauté
3. Into the skillet saute shallots and mushroom bits in oil and butter with a seasoning of ground thyme, salt and pepper such that mushrooms are deep brown, about 6 minutes.
4. Deglazing pan with sherry, transfer this mushroom duxelles to a small serving dish and place on a platter alongside store-bought pate.
5. To serve garnish tray with sliced baguette, cornichons, capers, and a sprinkle of chopped parsley.
Enjoy bread rounds with a slather of pate topped with mushrooms.