- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mushroom Curry Recipe
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Ginger root||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Basil leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Dill seed||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Marjoram leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Teaspoon, minced|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), trimmed|
|Cauliflower florets||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomato||1 Medium, diced|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Long grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked|
|Flat-leaf parsley||1 Tablespoon, shredded|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 840 Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.8%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 43 mg1.8%
Total Carbohydrates 168 g56.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.2 g24.7%
Sugars 9.1 g
Protein 18 g35.6%
Vitamin A 57.9% Vitamin C 119.5%
Calcium 11.4% Iron 27.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a 8 or 9 inch non-stick skillet, saute the onion and ginger in the margarine over a medium heat for about 1 minute until the onion is softened.
2) Stir in the basil, dill seed, marjoram, thyme, minced parsley and turmeric, mix well.
3) Stir in the mushrooms, cauliflower, tomato, lemon juice, bay leaf and curry powder.
4) Simmer on a low heat for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring often, until the vegetables are tender.
5) In a serving bowl, spoon the rice, discard the bay leaf and spoon curry over rice.
6) Garnish with the Italian parsley and serve immediately.