- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mushroom Beer Souffle Recipe
|Minced green onions and tops/Minced yellow onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Canned beer||12 Ounce (Use 1 Can Or 1 Bottle)|
|Eggs||6 , separated|
|Ground red pepper||1 Dash|
|Canned mushroom stems and pieces||4 1⁄2 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
Calories 327 Calories from Fat 202
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.1%
Saturated Fat 12 g59.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 357.5 mg
Sodium 457.1 mg19%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.79 g3.2%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 12 g23.9%
Vitamin A 18.8% Vitamin C 2.7%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 11.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grease a 2-quart soufflé or casserole dish with butter or oil and dust it with flour.
2. Preheat the oven to 325°F
3. Just before cooking, in a clean dry and grease free bowl, add the egg whites and beat with an electric beater or wire whisk until they are stiff and stand in soft peaks.
4. In a skillet, melt the butter or margarine over a medium low flame.
5. Add the onion to the butter and sauté until soft.
6. Stir in flour and seasonings and sauté until the mixture begins to froth.
7. Tip in the beer and stir until well blended with the flour mixture.
8. Simmer, stirring until the sauce begins to bubble then take pan off the heat and cool slightly
9. Spoon a little of the sauce into the yolks and blend well.
10. Pour the yolk mixture into the sauce, stirring until well blended.
11. Stir in the mushrooms.
12. When the mixture has slightly cooled, lightly fold in the egg whites
13. Pour the mixture into the prepared souffle dish and tap lightly until evenly spread.
14. Run the tip of a butter knife, ½ inch from the edge of the dish to make a circle.
15. Immediately place dish in the preheated oven and bake for 50 to 60 minutes until the soufflé has puffed, set and is lightly browned. Souffle will leave the sides of the dish and form a “hat”
16. Remove dish from the oven and take it directly to the table and serve.