- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mushroom and Kidney Pie Recipe
|Veal kidneys/1 beef kidney||2|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sliced mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Minced parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Beef gravy||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Calories 230 Calories from Fat 112
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.4%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 351 mg
Sodium 182.7 mg7.6%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.96 g3.9%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 16 g32%
Vitamin A 15.7% Vitamin C 18.4%
Calcium 2.2% Iron 18.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Chop the kidneys into small pieces and keep aside.
3) In a pan, saute the onion and mushrooms in the butter.
4) Stir in the kidneys and parsley and then add beef gravy into the pan juices make 1 cup.
5) Then stir in the port and remove in a 1 1/2-pint or 1-quart casserole.
6) Cover with a 1/4 inch thick pastry and bake in the preheated oven for 35-45 minutes as desired.
7) Slice and serve in a nice plate.