- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mushroom And Hazelnut Pate Recipe
|Hazelnuts||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs), toasted and chopped roughly|
|Fresh whole wheat bread crumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), tightly packed|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Mushrooms||1 Pound, trimmed|
|Butter||4 Tablespoon (1/2 Stick)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Egg||1 Large, beaten|
|Canadian bacon slice||2|
Calories 327 Calories from Fat 220
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.8%
Saturated Fat 5.6 g27.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46 mg
Sodium 357.6 mg14.9%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.6%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 11 g21.2%
Vitamin A 4.5% Vitamin C 9.2%
Calcium 5.1% Iron 11.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a food processor, grind together the hazel nuts and breadcrumbs. Tip into a bowl.
2. Then combine onion, garlic and mushroom and finely chop. Tip the mixture into a separate bowl and keep aside.
3. Grease a small loaf tin with oil or butter.
4. Stretch bacon slices with the back of a knife and use them to cover the bottom of the tin.
5. Preheat oven to 350°F.
6. Place a roasting pan filled with 2 inches of hot water on the middle level of the oven while it is heating.
7. In a large pan, melt butter.
8. Add the mushroom mixture and sauté for about 5 minutes until soft and lightly browned.
9. Allow the mixture to cool slightly.
10. Stir in the hazelnut and crumb mixture along with salt, pepper, and soy sauce.
11. Add the beaten egg and mix well.
12. Turn the mixture over the bacon slices in the loaf tin and pack firmly.
13. Cover the tin with greased aluminum foil and place in hot water bath in the heated oven.
14. Bake the pate for 1 hour, or until a skewer comes out clean.
15. Remove tin from roasting pan and allow pate to cool to room temperature.
16. Place the tin in the refrigerator overnight to set and chill.
17. Use a flat knife to loosen pate at the edges and unmold onto a serving platter lined with green salad.
18. Slice and serve accompanied with buttered toasts if you like.