- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mushroom and Cheese Puff Recipe
|Vegetable oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh button mushrooms||1 Pound, wiped and sliced (455 Gram)|
|Eggs||6 , separated|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated cheddar cheese||6 Ounce (170 Gram)|
|Wholemeal flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Sea salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 335 Calories from Fat 230
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.9%
Saturated Fat 9.9 g49.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 246.3 mg
Sodium 592.3 mg24.7%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g2.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.5%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 18 g35.3%
Vitamin A 21.9% Vitamin C 15.5%
Calcium 30% Iron 11.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Heat the oil in a large pan and saute the mushrooms and onions.Cook till the vegetables turn golden. Reserve a few for topping.
3) Spread the cooked mushrooms and onions evenly over the base of an ovenproof dish. Set aside.
4) Beat the egg yolks in a basin and add the flour, cheese, salt, pepper and parsley.
5) Till they are stiff, beat the egg whites.
6) Fold the stiff egg whites into the cheese mix and spread it all over the mushrooms and onions. Sprinkle the reserved sauteed mushrooms and onions on top.
7) Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes.
8) Serve hot.