- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mung Bean Pancakes Recipe Video
|Dried mung beans||14 Ounce|
|Sweet rice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lean pork||2 Cup (32 tbs), cut into bite size pieces (pork loin)|
|Sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic cloves||2 Medium, finely chopped|
|Kimchi||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Green onions||2 Medium, chopped|
|Red chili||2 Medium, chopped|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For frying)|
|For dipping sauce|
|Rice vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Korean red pepper flakes||1 Pinch (gochugaru) (Optional)|
|Sesame seeds||1 Pinch|
|Green onion||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
Calories 868 Calories from Fat 356
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.8%
Saturated Fat 6.9 g34.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 81.6 mg
Sodium 791.4 mg33%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.7%
Dietary Fiber 18.4 g73.4%
Sugars 8.4 g
Protein 51 g102.6%
Vitamin A 36.2% Vitamin C 47.3%
Calcium 18.2% Iron 48.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large mixing bowl, add dried mung beans, sweet rice and enough cold water to cover and allow to soak for at least 5 hours to over night.
2. In a bowl, mix all the ingredients of sauce and mix well, set aside.
3. In a small mixing bowl, combine pork and next 4 ingredients; set aside.
4. Drain soaked mung bean mixture, place into a blender and add 1/2 water.
5. Blend until smooth but do not over blend, you want a bit coarse texture from mung bean.
6. In a large mixing bowl, place the bean mixture and add marinated pork, kimchi with juice, green onion, chilli, salt and pepper, and stir well.
7. In a large non-stick pan, heat oil to coat the bottom of pan.
8. Ladle the batter to desired shape and allow to cook for 5 minutes or until crisp and edges are browned.
9. Flip and allow to cook for 5 minutes more or until golden brown, crispy and cooked through.
19. Remove the pancake and drain on paper towel , repeat the cooking with remaining batter using more oil as needed.
20. Place the pancakes in a serving plate, around a bowl of dipping sauce.
21. Garnish with chopped green onions and serve hot.