- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Munching Peanut Brittle Recipe
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Roasted salted peanuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 363 Calories from Fat 119
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.8%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.8 mg
Sodium 370.6 mg15.4%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g19.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.6%
Sugars 41.6 g
Protein 4 g8.1%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 0.2%
Calcium 3.1% Iron 4.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium (1 ½ -quart) microwave dish, combine sugar and syrup
2. Place dish in the microwave and cook for 4 minutes, stirring once.
3. Stir in peanuts and continue cooking for another 3 to 4 minutes, or until mixture is golden and bubbly
4. Blend in butter and vanilla to syrup
5. Cook for another 2 minutes until peanuts are browned and syrup boiling.
6. Stir baking soda quickly into the mixture to make it light and foamy.
7. Immediately pour mixture onto a non-stick cookie sheet or a grease tray.
8. Allow brittle to cool for almost 1 hour until set
9. Break into small uneven pieces
10. Store in wax paper lined airtight container.
11. Serve in a candy bowl lined with wax paper.