- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Basmati rice||3 1⁄2 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Minced lamb||2 Pound (900 Gram)|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), crushed|
|Fresh flat leaf parsley||1 Bunch (100 gm), finely chopped|
|Fresh coriander||1 Bunch (100 gm), finely chopped|
|Tomato ketchup||3 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Lime||1 , pared for rind and juice extracted|
|Lime||1 , rind pared and juice extracted|
|Lamb stock||1 1⁄4 Pint (700 Milliliter, Use Hot)|
|Black peppercorns||2 Tablespoon|
|Coriander seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cardamom seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon stick||1 , broken into small pieces|
|Hot paprika||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 401 Calories from Fat 212
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.5%
Saturated Fat 11.5 g57.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 256.6 mg10.7%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.3%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 23 g46.3%
Vitamin A 77.8% Vitamin C 43.9%
Calcium 7.9% Iron 18.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil. Pour in the rice, return to the boil, then simmer until the rice is tender but still firm to the bite. Drain and rinse.
3. Place the lamb in a large bowl and break up with a fork. Add the onion, garlic, parsley, coriander, ketchup and 1 teaspoon of the baharat. Stir in the cooked rice and season to taste. Squeeze the mixture to make it paste-like.
4. Divide into 4-6 pieces and roll each into a sausage 2.5 cm/1 inch thick. Brush a 25-cm/10-inch frying pan with the oil. Starting in the centre of the pan, coil the sausage pieces, joining each piece, to form 1 long coiled sausage.
5. Press lightly to make an even layer, then tuck the lime rind between the spaces of the coil. Add the lime juice, pour in the hot stock and then cover with a heatproof plate to keep in place.
6. Bring to the boil, then simmer for about 10 minutes. Cover and cook for another 15 minutes. Drain and slide the sausage onto a serving plate. Sprinkle with a little more of the baharat and serve.