- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Muhallabia Recipe Video
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Corn starch||2 Tablespoon|
|Orange blossom water||1 Tablespoon (or 1/2 teaspoon- rose water)|
|Nuts/Honey/ jam/ fruits||3 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
Calories 425 Calories from Fat 177
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.6%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g31%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 22.6 mg
Sodium 171.1 mg7.1%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.9%
Sugars 37.8 g
Protein 12 g24.2%
Vitamin A 4.6% Vitamin C
Calcium 28.8% Iron 0.78%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan pour cold milk. Add sugar and corn starch (Maizena).Using a wooden spatula, mix to form a smooth mixture without lumps.
2. On medium heat, bring the milk to boil while stirring continuously. As it gets hotter the milk will begin to thicken.
3. Once it begins to boil, add orange blossom water and continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes.
4. Pour the mixture into canisters, bowls, or tall glasses as desired.
5. Leave it on the counter till it cools to room temperature. Transfer them to the fridge for a few hours.
6. In the serving canisters/ ramekins/ bowl/ glasses, serve the pudding chilled topped with nuts and honey or jam or fruits, or enjoy as it is.