- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Margarine||10 Milliliter (2 Teaspoon, To Grease Baking Trays)|
|Plain flour||1 Pound, sifted (450 Gram)|
|Fresh yeast||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Gram)|
|Caster sugar||5 Milliliter (1 Teaspoon)|
|Warm milk||1⁄2 Pint (275 Milliliter)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1911 Calories from Fat 198
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g34.7%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24 mg
Sodium 1072 mg44.7%
Total Carbohydrates 384 g127.9%
Dietary Fiber 12 g48.1%
Sugars 18.2 g
Protein 36 g71.9%
Vitamin A 12% Vitamin C 0.04%
Calcium 32% Iron 11.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grease 2 large, heavy baking trays.
2. In a bowl mix the flour and salt together.
3. In a separate bowl, cream the yeast with the sugar until smooth and mix into the flour with a little of the warm milk.
4. Put in the rest of the milk and mix with a fork to form a stiff dough.
5. In the bowl, knead the dough well for 5-10 minutes.
6. Place the bowl in a warm place for about 1—1 1/2 hours, covered, until doubled in size.
7. On to a lightly floured board place the dough and knead again until smooth and elastic.
8. Roll the dough out to a thickness of about 1 cm (1/2 in).
9. Cut out circles using a 7.5 cm (3 in) cutter dipped in flour.
10. On the prepared trays place the circles and leave in a warm place for 10—15 minutes until doubled in size.
11. Let the oven heat to 425°F (220°C/Gas 7).
12. Let it bake for about 7-8 minutes until slightly browned on top.
13. Turn the muffins over carefully and cook for a further 7—8 minutes to brown the other side.
14. Take out the muffins from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.