- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Plain white flour/Half wholewheat and half white||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Soda bicarbonate||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Gram)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Ounce (20 Gram)|
|Egg||2 Teaspoon, beaten|
|Suet/Very little lard||1 Teaspoon (Knob Of Suet To Grease Girdle)|
Calories 180 Calories from Fat 57
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g18.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24.4 mg
Sodium 96.6 mg4%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.77 g3.1%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 4 g7.6%
Vitamin A 3.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 2.4% Iron 7.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Into a large basin, sieve the flour, salt, cream of tarter and soda.
2. Pour in the melted butter, egg and sufficient milk into the dry ingredients.
3. Using your hand, bind the ingredients into a soft dough.
4. Turn the dough on to a flour dusted work surface. Using a dusted rolling pin, roll the dough into a large circle of ½ inch thickness. Use any round lid or cutter to cut out circles of 3 inches.
5. Heat a griddle on a high flame and grease with lard.
6. Grill the muffins for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
7. Serve muffins hot, with jam or clotted cream.
8. Use can use the muffins to make sandwiches as well.