- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Shortening||4 Tablespoon, melted|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , well beaten|
Calories 149 Calories from Fat 47
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.1%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.3 mg
Sodium 193.7 mg8.1%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.57 g2.3%
Sugars 6.1 g
Protein 3 g6.7%
Vitamin A 3.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 12% Iron 6.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F.
2. Grease a muffin tray with oil or butter.
3. In a mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
4. In another bowl, beat butter, egg and milk till well blended.
5. Add the liquid to the sifted ingredients stir using a spatula, without over mixing, to form a somewhat lumpy batter.
6. Drop batter into greased muffin cups filling only 2/3rd full.
7. Place tray on the middle level of the preheated oven.
8. Bake muffins for 20 to 25 minutes until lightly browned and a skewer comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
9. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the tray for 5 minutes.
10. Inver on a cooling rack to cool completely.
11. Serve the muffins with tea or coffee for breakfast or enjoy as a snack.