- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roasted Pepita Dip Recipe Video
|Pepita pumpkin seeds||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Coriander powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Tomato paste||3 Tablespoon|
|Lime||1 Medium, juiced|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (as reuqired)|
Calories 300 Calories from Fat 203
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.4%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 263.7 mg11%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.2%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 14 g27.2%
Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 10.4%
Calcium 4.7% Iron 47.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan on medium heat, put the pepita nuts and dry roast them till brown and they begin to pop.
2. Turn off the heat and let it cool slightly.
3. In a coffee grinder, put the toasted pepita nuts in batches and grind them to coarse powder.
4. Transfer it into a bowl. Add the spices, lime juice and salt. Mix well till combined.
5. Pour water and continue to mix till it reaches desired consistency.
6. In a serving bowl, serve this dip with tortillas, bell peppers, or any other vegetable cruidtes.