- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Msemmen - Moroccan Crepe Recipe Video
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Semolina||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Butter||3 Tablespoon, melted|
|Salt||1 Tablespoon (to taste)|
|Dry yeast||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (as required)|
Calories 428 Calories from Fat 235
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g40.9%
Saturated Fat 5.8 g28.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 12.1 mg
Sodium 728.5 mg30.4%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.2%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 6 g12.3%
Vitamin A 2.8% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 1% Iron 10.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, mix flour, semolina, sugar, salt and dry yeast. Mix well till combined. Slowly add water and mix the ingredients till they form a dough.
2. Transfer onto a flat surface and continue to knead for another 20 minutes (or 10 minutes in a food processor) till soft and elastic dough is formed (add more flour if the dough is too sticky).
3. Let it sit for 20 minutes to rise.
4. In another bowl, mix melted butter and oil. Set aside.
5. After 20 minutes, grease hands generously with the butter oil mix and coat the dough. Make small golf ball sized balls and place it on a plate.
6. Grease the flat surface and hands. Spread each ball into a thin sheet. Sprinkle semolina over it and fold it from both sides towards the center (forms rectangle shape). Then again fold one end to the center and the other end all the way over the first (forms square dough). Repeat this with all the balls.
7. Take each of the square dough and spread it again into thin sheet.
8. Heat a frying pan on low and roast the crepe for 5 minutes on each sides or till golden and done.
9. Transfer them onto a plate.
10. In a serving plate, place the msemmen, tear one end to expose the hollow and layers. Pour honey as required, roll and serve hot with mint tea.