- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mrouzia - Morocan Sweet Lamb Tajine Eid-El-Adha Specials Recipe Video
|Lamb chops||1 Pound (Shoulder chops)|
|Onion||1 Large, grated|
|Raisins||5 Ounce, soaked in water|
|Blanched almonds||4 Ounce|
|Ginger powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1 Pinch|
|Ras-el-hanout spice blend||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs) (as required)|
Calories 881 Calories from Fat 565
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 64 g98.6%
Saturated Fat 9.4 g46.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.3 mg
Sodium 462.7 mg19.3%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.3%
Sugars 32.5 g
Protein 33 g67%
Vitamin A 7.7% Vitamin C 11.7%
Calcium 10.9% Iron 11.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot on medium heat, add the butter, onion, meat, and the spices. Mix well, cover with a lid and let the meat cook for 5 minutes.
2. Pour water till it covers the meat. Stir to mix and continue to cook covered for the next 1 hour. Check after 45 minutes.
3. When the meat is almost cooked, drain the raisins and add them to the pot along with honey. Stir well. Add a little more water to the meat and raisins if needed.
4. Cover the pot and let it cook for another 15 minutes or till the meat is cooked.
5. In another pan, fry the almonds in a little bit of oil until golden brown. Transfer onto paper towel to drain off excess oil.
6. In a serving plate put the meat first, cover it with the raisins and top it with the almonds. Serve hot.