- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mozzarella Meat Loaf Recipe
|Lean beef||1 1⁄2 Pound, ground|
|Dry bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Instant minced onion||1 Teaspoon|
|Oregano leaf||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce, divided (1 Can)|
|Mozzarella cheese||6 Ounce, shredded (1 1/2 Cups)|
|Canned mushrooms||4 Ounce, sliced, drained (1 Can)|
Calories 229 Calories from Fat 98
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.8%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 79 mg
Sodium 398.4 mg16.6%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.57 g2.3%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 25 g49.5%
Vitamin A 6.6% Vitamin C 6.2%
Calcium 14.4% Iron 10.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 375Â° F.
2) Cut two pieces of waxed paper about 15 inch in length.
3) In a large bowl, mix the beef, crumbs, egg, onion, salt and oregano together.
4) Stir in 3/4 cup tomato sauce, keep aside.
5) In the center of a piece of waxed paper, place the meat mixture and cover with the other piece.
6) Press the meat into a 13x9 inch rectangle with a rolling pin
7) Then remove top sheet of waxed paper, sprinkle the meat with the cheese and mushrooms and spread over rest of the tomato sauce.
8) Roll up the meat in a jelly-roll fashion, begining at the narrow end with the waxed paper and secure the ends.
9) In a non-stick 9-1/4-x 5-1/2 x 2-3/4 inch loaf pan, place the roll with the seam side down.
10) Bake in the preheated oven at for 30 minutes, then drain off any fat and bake for another 30 minutes.
11) Slice and serve on a serving platter.