- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Homemade Moussaka Recipe
|Aubergines||1 1⁄4 Kilogram|
|Sunflower oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||2 Large, peeled and chopped|
|Butter||15 Gram (0.5 Ounce)|
|Corn flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Plain unsweetened yogurt||900 Milliliter (1.5 Pints)|
|Ripe tomatoes||450 Gram, peeled skinned and chopped (1 Pound)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Parmesan cheese||50 Gram, grated|
Calories 474 Calories from Fat 194
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.9%
Saturated Fat 10.6 g52.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 204.4 mg68.1%
Sodium 375.3 mg15.6%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.4%
Dietary Fiber 15.1 g60.2%
Sugars 27.8 g
Protein 23 g45.9%
Vitamin A 31.5% Vitamin C 56.5%
Calcium 52.4% Iron 13.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Prick the rest of the aubergines all over and boil whole in salted water for 10 minutes.
3. Pat sliced aubergines dry, paint each slice scantily with oil and grill until lightly coloured; drain.
4. Soften the onions in the melted butter. Mix the corn flour into the yogurt.
5. Peel the whole aubergines and mash them, mix with the onions, tomatoes, 2 tablespoons of the yogurt mixture, salt, pepper and cinnamon.
6. Line an ovenproof dish with sliced aubergines. Spread some mashed aubergines over and sprinkle with Parmesan. Repeat until the dish is nearly full.
7. Beat the eggs into the remaining yogurt and pour over, sprinkle with a little cinnamon and salt and bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes.