- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Eggplants||1 Pound, thinly sliced|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Onions||2 Large, thinly sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Cooked ground lamb||1 Pound|
|Canned tomatoes||14 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Tomato puree||2 Tablespoon|
|Tabasco sauce||1 Dash|
|Light cream||5⁄8 Cup (10 tbs)|
|Grated cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 797 Calories from Fat 539
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61 g93.1%
Saturated Fat 26.2 g131%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 255.2 mg
Sodium 618.9 mg25.8%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.4%
Dietary Fiber 8.6 g34.3%
Sugars 10 g
Protein 35 g69.6%
Vitamin A 30.4% Vitamin C 41%
Calcium 36.6% Iron 24.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a pan, heat oil, and fry eggplants on both sides.
2) Drain on paper towel.
3) Fry onion and garlic until brown and stir in tomato, tomato puree, lamb, and Tabasco sauce, allow to boil and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
4) Season to taste.
5) Arrange eggplants and lamb alternatively in layers in an ovenproof dish.
6) Whisk egg, cheese, and cream together and spread over the Moussaka.
7) Bake at 350 degree F, Gas Mark 4, for 35-40 minuts or until the topping is browned.
8) Garnish and serve.