- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Moussaka In Cheese Sauce Recipe
|Cooked minced meat||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Prepared)|
|Tomatoes||2 Large, pureed|
|Potatoes||2 Large, sliced into rounds and fried|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Grated cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1742 Calories from Fat 577
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 65 g99.3%
Saturated Fat 33.4 g166.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 231.2 mg
Sodium 1855.9 mg77.3%
Total Carbohydrates 203 g67.8%
Dietary Fiber 36.4 g145.7%
Sugars 43.4 g
Protein 101 g201.4%
Vitamin A 81% Vitamin C 307.2%
Calcium 118.2% Iron 63%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Put in the flour and fry.
3. Add milk gradually stirring continuously till the sauce is thick.
4. Add cheese and seasoning and stir till cheese is blended.
5. Line the sides and the bottom of the baking dish with the slightly fried potato.
6. Roast the brinjal and remove the skin.
7. Chop up the roasted flesh.
8. Add the pureed tomatoes and fry together, adding the seasoning.
9. Put a layer each of mince and mashed brinjals over the potatoes.
10. Pour the cheese sauce over it and bake in a moderate oven. Instead of mashed brinjals, fried round slices of brinjal can be used alternately with the mince.