- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Moules Mariniere Recipe
|Fresh mussels||8 Pound|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon (1/2 Stick)|
|Onion||1 Large, cut into 1/4-inch dice|
|Shallots||4 , finely chopped|
|Flat-leaf parsley||15 Tablespoon, chopped (3/4 Cup + 3 Tablespoons)|
|Fresh thyme sprigs||3 Large|
|Black pepper||To Taste, coarsely ground|
|Dry white wine||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ripe plum tomatoes||6 , seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice|
Calories 761 Calories from Fat 197
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.9%
Saturated Fat 7.8 g38.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 190.8 mg
Sodium 2077.7 mg86.6%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.9%
Sugars 6.5 g
Protein 75 g150.5%
Vitamin A 106.4% Vitamin C 189.1%
Calcium 31.9% Iron 150.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Scrub the mussels well and rinse thoroughly in cold water. Trim off the beards just before cooking.
2) In a large heavy pot, saute the onion and shallots in the butter over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes, until softened.
3) Stir in 3/4 cup parsley, thyme, salt, pepper, wine, and water. Bring the mixture to a boil, then simmer on a low heat for 2 minutes.
4) Stir in the mussels and tomatoes, then cook covered over a medium-high heat for about 15 minutes until the mussels open. Discard any unopened mussels.
5) In shallow bowls, spoon the mussels and spoon over the broth and chopped vegetables.
6) Garnish with rest of the chopped parsley and serve immediately.