- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mother's Tea Recipe
|Teabags||3 (Family-Size, Tags Removed Lipton)|
|Granulated sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
Calories 125 Calories from Fat 1
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.06 g0.1%
Saturated Fat 0.01 g0.04%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 0.71 mg0.03%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.99 g3.9%
Sugars 31.2 g
Protein 0.25 g0.5%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 26.9%
Calcium 1.3% Iron 0.83%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Into a small bowl, squeeze the lemons.
2) Chill the juice and reserve the skins.
3) In a large pottery or glass pitcher, place the teabags and reserved lemon hulls.
4) To this, pour 2 cups of cold water.
5) In a kettle, bring 4 cups of water to a rolling boil.
6) Over the teabags, pour the boiling water and then cover the pitcher.
7) Now, steep for 10 minutes and then remove the teabags and lemon skins.
8) To this, add the sugar and lemon juice and stir until the sugar dissolves well.
9) Now, add 3 more cups of cold water.
10) Serve the tea over ice, garnished with fresh lemon slice.