- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Moroccan Tajine of Kefta with Eggs Recipe Video
|Ground chicken/Beef/ lamb||1 Pound|
|Onion||1⁄2 , grated|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Ginger||1 Teaspoon (for chicken only) (Optional)|
|Hot chili pepper||To Taste, ground (Optional)|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 346 Calories from Fat 206
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.5%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g25.9%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 256.1 mg
Sodium 708.4 mg29.5%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 27 g53.3%
Vitamin A 47.7% Vitamin C 38.1%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 19.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Into a bowl, grate the tomato and discard the skin. Set aside.
2. In another bowl add ground chicken, onion, garlic, parsley, paprika, cumin, pepper, salt, ginger, chili pepper and olive oil. Mix thoroughly till well combined. Make small balls and set aside.
3. In a measuring cup, mix tomato paste in water till it dissolves. Set aside.
4. SAUCE: In a large pan, heat olive oil on medium heat. Put the grated onion and tomato. Season with paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir to mix, cover and bring it to a boil.
5. Once it boils, put the chicken balls into it. Pour the dissolved tomato paste into it, stir and cover with a lid. Simmer for 40 minutes or till done.
6. Transfer this on a frying pan. Break the eggs on top, cover and cook till the eggs are done. Turn of the heat.
7. In a serving plate, serve the Kefta Tajine hot with any bread of your choice.