- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Harcha - Moroccan Ramadan Special bread Recipe Video
|Semolina flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canola oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
Calories 485 Calories from Fat 250
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.5%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.4%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 390.2 mg16.3%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.3%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 8 g16.7%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 13.8% Iron 12.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, add semolina flour, sugar and salt. Mix well till combined. Put oil and continue to mix with the hand till flour is moist and the oil is absorbed.
2. Slowly pour the water and continue to mix with hand till it forms a soft dough.
3. Make a ball and press gently to flatten it.
4. Heat a non-stick pan on medium heat. Sprinkle with semolina flour and place the harcha on it. Cook on one side for a few minutes. Carefully transfer it on to a plate and sprinkle the pan again with semolina flour, return the harcha to the pan and cook on the other side until golden brown.
5. Once cooked, transfer on to a plate.
6. Cut the harcha in to serving size pieces and serve with a spread, jam or cheese.