- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Seffa Medfouna - Moroccan Cooking Recipe Video
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Chicken/Lamb/ beef||1 Pound, cubed|
|Onions||2 Medium, grated|
|Ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon (only for chicken) (Optional)|
|Cinnamon powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Vermicelli/Couscous||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange blossom water||2 Tablespoon|
|Cinnamon powder||2 Tablespoon (as required)|
|Powdered sugar||2 Tablespoon (as required)|
|Toasted almonds||2 Tablespoon (as required)|
Calories 727 Calories from Fat 306
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.6%
Saturated Fat 12.6 g63.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 88.3 mg
Sodium 543.6 mg22.6%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g26%
Dietary Fiber 7.4 g29.5%
Sugars 16.9 g
Protein 27 g53.8%
Vitamin A 10.6% Vitamin C 9.3%
Calcium 9.5% Iron 15.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan on medium heat, pour 2 tablespoon olive oil. Add the onion, chicken and the spices. Mix well, cover and cook for around 30 minutes.
2. In a measuring cup, mix water and salt. Set aside.
3. In a steamer. Put vermicelli. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil and steam it for around 20 minutes. Transfer it to a baking sheet or flat dish and pour ½ of the salted water. Mix well.
4. Return the vermicelli to the steamer and steam for another 20 minutes. Put it back on the baking sheet/ flat dish; pour the remaining salted water and 2 tablespoon of butter. Mix well and continue to steam for 20 more minutes.
5. Transfer it back to the baking sheet; add the remaining 2 tablespoon butter, 2 tablespoon of orange blossom water and raisins. Mix well and return to steam for another 20 minutes.
6. In a serving platter, put a layer of the vermicelli. Spread all the chicken on top. Put the remaining vermicelli over the chicken to form a dome.
7. Decorate with cinnamon powder, sugar and almonds as desired.
8. In the serving platter, serve the Seffa Medfouna hot and enjoy.