- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lamb Meat Skewers - Moroccan Eid-el-Adha Specials Recipe Video
|Lamb meat||1 Pound, cubed|
|Onion||1 Large, grated|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Cooking oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
Calories 300 Calories from Fat 200
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.5%
Saturated Fat 7.6 g37.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 59.9 mg
Sodium 453 mg18.9%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.5%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 18 g35.4%
Vitamin A 10.4% Vitamin C 21.1%
Calcium 4.2% Iron 15.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, add all the ingredients and mix them well till the lamb cubes are well coated.
2. Cover with a plastic wrap and marinate for around 2 hours.
3. Set the oven to broiler.
4. Arrange the marinated lamb pieces on the skewers.
5. Place it on a baking dish in such a way that the skewers are on the edges and not inside the dish (across on the sides). Pour some water into the dish to avoid burning of rendered juices.
6. Broil it for a few minutes on each side till the lamb is done and juicy. Remove from the oven and let it sit for a few minutes before serving.
7. In a serving plate, serve the lamb hot with a dip of your choice.
This is traditionally made in charcoal barbecue.