- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Moroccan Cabbage Salad Recipe Video
|Cabbage||2 Pound, cut into large pieces|
|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Vinegar/Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 102 Calories from Fat 39
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.9%
Saturated Fat 0.66 g3.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 533.4 mg22.2%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g25.8%
Sugars 7.5 g
Protein 4 g7.1%
Vitamin A 25.7% Vitamin C 149.4%
Calcium 11.3% Iron 13.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot fill water. Bring it to boil on medium heat. Put the cabbage and cook for 20 minutes, remove the cabbage from the water. Set aside.
2. In a pan, heat oil on medium, put the cooked cabbage and mash.
3. Season it with the spices and mix it well while mashing the cabbage further.
4. Cook for 10 minutes and add cilantro and parsley. Stir continuously and mash it at the same time for another 20 minutes or till it turns smooth. Taste and adjust the spices if required.
5. Add the vinegar, mix well and turn off the heat.
6. In a serving plate, serve the cabbage salad hot garnished with olive or preserved lemons accompanied with bread.