- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Moroccan Briwat with Goat Cheese Recipe Video
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Spring roll pastry||1 Pound (as many sheets as required)|
|Goat cheese||9 Ounce, creamy|
|Egg yolk||3 , divided|
|Salt||To Taste (Optional)|
|For spicy filling|
|Hot chili pepper||To Taste|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|For sweet briwat|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (as required)|
Calories 435 Calories from Fat 167
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29%
Saturated Fat 9.1 g45.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 102.9 mg
Sodium 164.9 mg6.9%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.09 g0.35%
Sugars 10 g
Protein 14 g28%
Vitamin A 15.9% Vitamin C 4.7%
Calcium 29.6% Iron 5.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, put goat cheese, one egg yolk, pepper and salt (if using). Mash it well and mix it well. Separate the mixture into 2 halves.
2. In one half of the mixture, add parsley and hot chilli pepper (spicy filling). Mix well. Leave the other half as it is (plain filling).
3. CIGAR SHAPED BRIWAT: Take a spring roll wrapper. Put some filling on it at one corner leaving the edge. Fold the corner to cover the filling. Fold again from both the sides. Roll it away from you to form a cigar shaped. Brush the edge with egg yolk and seal the briwat.
4. TRIANGULAR BRIWAT: Cut the wrapper into strips, put the filling. Fold it diagonally into a triangle shaped. Brush the edge with egg yolk and seal it.
5. In a deep frying pan, pour oil and heat it to very high. Put the briwat and fry them till golden brown.
6. Transfer them into a colander or strainer to drain off excess oil.
7. Drizzle honey over the briwat with only goat cheese mixture (plain filling).
8. In a serving plate, serve the briwat immediately.